The Panathenaic Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Athens, Greece. The original stadium was built in 330 BC. A new stadium was built on the same site in 1896 to host the first modern Olympic Games. It is where the Olympic flame sets up its journey to the cities of the Olympic Games, both Winter, Summer, and Youth. When you visit, you can run around the track and pretend you’re at the Olympics. The kids love that idea, especially when they have the chance to get on the tri-level medal podium, where they can pose for photos. If you climb to the top of the stadium (don’t forget to make a contest out of it) you’ll be able to see and appreciate how massive it is.
1 – 2 hours
Accessibility Level – High
From: 5 Euros (free under 6)
Panathenaic Stadium, Leof. Vasileos Konstantinou, Athina 116 35, Greece
Greek (formal), English
Babies, Kids, Teens, Adults, Seniors
5 Euros (free under 6)
- The entry to the stadium is not included in the acropolis pass, and as part of the entry pass, you get an audio guide.
- The Panathenaic Stadium is ideally located in downtown Athens, just 1000m from the “Syntagma”, “Acropolis” and “Evangelismos” metro stations.
- You can get there by metro, bus, taxi or even walk.
- Local Transport:
- Buses: Red 550, Green 90, 209, Yellow 2, 4, 10, 11
- Metro stations: Acropolis, Syntagma, Evangelismos.
- To find directions on Google, search ‘Vasileos Konstantinou Avenue, Athens’
- Local Transport:
You can enter the Panathenaic Stadium for your morning jogging from 07:30 until 09:00 by filling in a declaration form accepting the safety regulations of the Stadium. The “curve” of the Kallimarmaro is an extremely exciting jogging trail, with an entrance from Archimidous street. Even if you are not a jogging fan, this is an experience you won’t forget, as you run with a view of the Acropolis and the Parthenon on the one side and of the Lycabettus hill on the other.
Best Time To Visit
Remember to check the weather a few days before the trip and before heading to the airport.
Flights & Accommodations
What To Pack?
Don’t forget your running shoes.
Events & Festivals
Related Posts, Tours, and Itineraries
Help Us Improve
If you visited The Panathenaic Stadium (Kallimarmaro), please email us with your stories and rating.
Don’t Travel Alone. Share with your friends and family
Found any missing or wrong info? Please be kind and let me know. I’ll do my best to update the site so all travelers will be able to enjoy it.