Picardy, part of Hauts-de-France, is a historical region of northern France, borders Paris. Picardy offers beautiful landscapes, where impressive castles pick from the hills and gothic cathedrals tower around the towns. It suggests a wide variety of things to do from beautiful beaches, captivating castles, historical cities and architecture, Champagne vineyards, and much more.
France, Northern France
Half-day Tour, Full-day Tour, Overnight Tour
Accessibility Level – High
Flights & Accommodations
Amiens is the biggest Cathedral in France. Built more than 800 years ago, the great Gothic Cathedral, with its flourishes and stained glass, is a very inspiring place to visit.
The Somme Bay
Somme Bay ranked as one of the most beautiful bays in the world. Take a walk or bike ride and enjoy the fresh air, explore the beaches and many available trails and cross the golden sandbanks at low tide. The bay also benefits from being one of France’s essential stopovers for migrating birds, settling alongside the harbor seals and other animals profiting from the bay foods variety.
The Château de Pierrefonds was built at the end of the 14th century by Duke Louis of Orleans. It got destroyed in the 17th century and restored in Napoleon the 3rd area to become a stunning, magical medieval castle.
Half day to 2 days
France (formal), English spoken by most of the population
Recommended Age Groups
Babies, Kids, Teens, Adults, Seniors
Reasons to visit Picardy, France
Picardy beach resorts
Picardy offers beautiful beaches resorts that lie along the beautiful Bay of Somme. They all provide various activities such as swimming, kite surfing, sand yachting, sailboarding, and sailing. The seven beaches are:
- Quend-Plage-les-Pins – probably the favorite beach for families, which has more than nine miles of sandy beach.
- Fort-Mahon-Plage – located right by the Bay of Authie, offers a long, wide, sandy beach.
- Cayeux-sur-Mer – long pebble beach, with a mile-long wooden walkway, edged with hundreds, colorful beach huts.
- Harbour – the home to a large colony of seals.
- Mers-les-Bains – The beach is a premier windsurfing venue. Next to the beach, you’ll find one of Picardy’s most beautiful towns, with 300 historic vacation villas.
- Le Crotoy – once an important fishing port.
- Saint-Valery-sur-Somme – a charming town with a sandy beach.
If you’re a history fan, Picardy has some interesting WWII sites.
Picardy has many other castles, a zoo for the kids, many museums, and other amusement parks.
Frequently Asked Questions
All experiences are written by TravelingFAQ users and subjective of their opinion and not of TravelingFAQ.
Best Time To Visit
Remember to check the weather forecast a few days before the trip and before heading to the airport.
Check out our travel guide to France for more info about France’s weather.