Milan is a metropolis located in the northern Lombardy region, Italy. When it comes to fashion, design, and media, Milan is one of the most famous spots in the world. In addition, it’s the leading financial center of Italy and one of the wealthiest cities in Europe due to the production of silk and armor. It attracts millions of visitors each year. Apart from that, there are also many historical places and cathedrals. It’s a vibrant city, where you’ll be able to enjoy the cultural diversity and nightlife, no matter what time it is. Whether you are traveling solo or with your family, there is something for everyone in this city.
Min 1 day
Accessibility Level – Medium
Babies, Kids, Teens, Adults, Seniors, Any Age
230V, 50Hz, 2 pins (you might also see type with 3 holes in one line, but you can still use it with devices with 2 pins)
Milan is a famous tourist spot in Italy, so you must be careful with your valuables when going outside. Although it’s a pretty safe city, staying away from strangers and roaming in touristy areas is recommended.
Milan hosts Various fashion shows, and presentations are held. That includes Milan Fashion Week (held in February and September), where major brands like Armani and Versace introduce their new designs to the world. In addition, it’s the leading financial center of Italy and one of the wealthiest cities in Europe due to the production of silk and armor.
It attracts millions of designers and shoppers each year looking to join the glamorous fashion venues. Apart from that, there are also many historical places and cathedrals like Duomo di Milano, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, and Sforzesco Castle. It’s a vibrant city; you’ll be able to enjoy the cultural diversity and nightlife, no matter what time it is.
Whether you are traveling solo or with your family, there is something for everyone in this city. We guarantee that after spending some time exploring the history and beauty of this city, you’ll find yourself falling in love with this city. In this guide, we’ll tell you everything you need to know to make your stay in Milan as memorable as possible.
Reasons to Visit
Being the center of fashion and design, Milan is one of the top cities to visit in Italy. Whether you like nightlife or history, this city has something for everyone. Below are the reasons why you should definitely visit this beautiful tourist attraction:
- Heaven for Designers: Being a fashion hub of Italy, Milan is home to some of the famous names in the industry, including Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, and Armani. Milan is heaven for designers and studios who want inspiration from the best in the game or open an outlet for international buyers. Milan also hosts the most famous fashion shows, so make sure to watch it out for a unique experience. You can also shop from the cute little street shops to support the locals.
- Less Crowd: Compared to Rome and Venice, Milan is less touristy. Milan is the place to go if you like to walk freely and skip the huge crowd. As Milan is a commercial center of Italy, you’ll find a higher ratio of working-class Milanese and professionals in the streets just living an everyday life. Although it might be less crowdy, you’ll find plenty of entertainment options in the city.
- Amazing Nightlife: Milan is quite famous for its stylish bars and parties. Whether you’re on a budget or looking for a luxury experience, you’ll find many local cafes and fancy bars serving drinks and delicious meals. After 6 pm, you’ll find many locals in the bars grabbing drinks and snacks, so it’s a great time to chat with some fantastic Milanese people.
- Stunning Architecture: For history lovers, Milan has much to offer! You can find art on the street walls and colorful homes that make up for memorable Instagram photos. Apart from that, you can also visit the Duomo di Milano, the largest cathedral in Italy. It took more than six centuries to complete this gothic cathedral. There are also some great spots if you’re interested in learning modern Italian history, like The Royal Palace of Milan and The Castello Sforzesco.
Things to Avoid
Like every other tourist destination, there are a few things that you should avoid to make your trip as fun as possible.
- Look Out for Bikes and Scooters: In Milan, you’ll find many scooters, bikes, and runners, so watch out for them. Also, when walking in the city, look down to avoid getting hurt.
- Don’t Drive on Weekends: If you’re planning to rent a car in Milan, think twice! This city is usually packed with traffic, especially on weekends. You’ll also have difficulty finding a parking place for your car.
- Avoid Eating in the Central Area: Central area of Milan is where the prices are high, but the taste is not necessarily the best. So whether you’re on a budget or not, try dining in less central neighborhoods where both the prices and cuisine are worth it.
- Book Your Tickets in Advance: Most tourist sights in this city require a ticket, and you’ll spend hours in long lines if you don’t book them in advance. So to avoid frustration, make sure to book them online in advance. Want to save money? Check out Milan City Card.