Aalsmeer is a small town located in the province of North Holland in the Netherlands. It is known for its beautiful flowers, charming canals, and rich history.
Min 1 day
Accessibility Level – High
Dutch (official language). English, German and French are widely spoken
Babies, Kids, Teens, Adults, Seniors, Any Age
230 volts AC, 50Hz. Plugs with two round pins are standard
Like in most areas of the Netherlands, Aalsmeer is generally a safe place to visit. Still, as with any tourist destination, it is essential to be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye on your belongings, especially in crowded areas.
Things to Do:
- Visit the FloraHolland flower auction
- Take a boat ride through the canals
- Visit the Aalsmeer Flower Museum
- Explore the Aalsmeer Forest
- Visit the Aalsmeerderbrug Windmill
- Take a tour of the historic De Hoop windmill
- Visit the Aalsmeer Art Museum
- Go shopping at the Aalsmeer Flower Market
- Relax in the Aalsmeer City Park
Reasons to Visit:
- Aalsmeer is the place to be if you want to witness the globe’s largest flower auction – it’ll truly blow your mind!
- The town is surrounded by beautiful waterways, making it great for boat rides and picnics.
- Aalsmeer has a rich history and culture, with numerous museums and landmarks to explore. Aalsmeer is a unique city with a long and fascinating history. From its roots as a small fishing village to its current status as an important cultural center, this Dutch town has plenty to offer visitors. With its impressive museums, historic landmarks, and vibrant culture, Aalsmeer is a must-see destination for any traveler.
Things to Avoid:
- Avoid driving through Aalsmeer during peak traffic hours, as the roads can get congested.
- Like many other places in the Netherlands, littering or vandalizing public property is not tolerated. Be a good tourist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Best Time To Visit
* Remember to check the weather forecast a few days before the trip and before heading to the airport. *
The best time to visit Aalsmeer depends on what you want to do. If you wish to see the flower auction, the best time to visit is from September to May. If you want to enjoy the outdoors, the summer months of June to August are the best time to visit, with warmer temperatures and longer days.
Flights & Accommodations
What To Pack?
You’ll be walking quite a bit, so make sure to wear comfortable walking shoes.
Wear light layers as the weather can change. During winter remember to pack an umbrella or raincoat in case of rain.
Events & Festivals