Surprising Free Hotel Amenities
Preparation, Packing, Accommodation
Time of Year
In case you forgot to pack something (we’ve all been there), try to take it easy and don’t let it ruin your trip. Your hotel will probably be able to help you with the complimentary amenities they provide.
These are things we found that hotels can provide. Some are basic, and some, you’ll have to ask for:
- Toiletries – disposable razor, toothpaste, shaving cream, soap, shampoo, hair gel, lip balm, deodorant,
- Hair-Styling Tools – Hair dryers are a standard in most hotels. Some properties may offer more serious styling tools like flat irons and curling irons.
- Stain-Remover Wipes
- Lint Rollers
- Workout Gear – if there’s no gym at the hotel, they might be able to offer yoga mate and other equipment.
- Electronics Chargers and adapters – forgot your phone charger? Got the wrong type of electric socket or adaptor? Your cord doesn’t work? Call the front desk. They probably have what you need to lend you.
- TSA-Approved 3-1-1 Liquid Bags – You’ll need these bags for your flight carry-on. These bags contain the toiletries we want to carry with us. So there’s no need to waste your time looking for bags or buy a whole pack.
- Entertainment – want to stay in your room and feeling bored? You can try to check if they have books or board games.
- Use our packing list to avoid forgetting stuff. In case you have something missing, try asking the front desk.
- If you want to pack light, it’s better to check with the hotel in advance if they’ll be able to provide the equipment you need. For example, instead of carrying your hair styling tools, call ahead to your hotel and see if it can lend you what you need.